Sunday, July 19, 2009

Annual Summer German Picnic July 2009

I think Frau Traudl had 38 people this year. We all had a great time. Tom did most of the set up and take down and Chrissy, Barbara, and I helped to serve. Mom is the chief director and looked so happy the entire day but was exhausted at the day's end. The weather was gorgeous as well as her back yard with flowers in complete bloom.

Here are 4 of the Batten children with their wonderful mother. Three of us are in costume and also Carsten had his lederhosen on for awhile but got too hot.





Chrissy and I with Mom. She was the cutest one there...Mom that is. Chrissy made a delicious German chocolate cake and I made apfel strudel (first time for me) and it was a hit!















1 comment:

Bridgette said...

cute! Chrissy looks like she is sucking it in!:) Where's Barbs and Toms' costumes??