Monday, June 15, 2009

Climb Every Mountain...







These pictures are from our hike up Bear Mountain last Wednesday after VBS. My friends Joy and Adella tagged along with the youth group from our church. The hike was phenonmenal. What a view! It took us from 1:30 and I didn't get back to my car until 7 pm. I will say that I was challenged on this hike, I had to cool off and rest when I got home for at least 20 minutes. I loved every minute of it. This was a completely different route up and back from what I had taken before. Up on top of the mountain Pastor Brad gave a short message and then we booked it down the steep slope. I love to see all the beautiful wildflowers growing out of rocks. They were gorgeous and so colorful. The picture of the beautiful dark haired beauty is our friend Christy from Idaho on our hike up to Thunderbird Falls. She was excited to be in AK and will be coming to visit us more often since we are now in her work region. We had fun talking and hiking too but mostly talking...imagine that.

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

I would love to go up Bear Mtn. next summer! Pencil me in, Birchwood Youth Group!:) What an awesome view...WTG Mama...

Adam and Natalie said...

Yeah, me too. I can't believe I've lived in front of it my entire life (-5 years) and have never hiked up it!

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pics. Especially the wild flowers. Glad you are getting the summer you missed last year. Peg