Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kitchen Remodel






Look at the pretty fresh flowers Mom bought us in the midst of all the clutter. I thought it looked unusual to see them on a table filled to the max, but we are enjoying them.

It's taken almost two weeks now to unload and clean out all the cabinets. Mom helped me one day (with her scarf on no, less) to get so much accomplished. In doing so, I have found so many items I'm not using anymore since we are "Empty Nesters". This is the first time I have unloaded everything since moving in here 27 years ago. Granted, I changed the shelf paper but we have accumulated so much. I did not use the import/export rule which Bernie instituted which when you buy something you get rid of something.

We sold our cabinets on Craig's List right away as well as certain other items we no longer use. I love Craig's List! Now the basement is loaded with all our kitchen items and we feel like we're camping in our own home. No cabinets, kitchen sink, countertops or dishwasher. Our coffee maker is on top of the stove and the microwave is in the dining room.

I can hardly wait for the new paint and cabinets. They should arrive, Lord willing, once we are home from Bernie's graduation next week. Once they are installed, we will have the countertops put in. This is the first step in our makeover for our Kale Family Reunion which will be happening in June/July when everyone will be home!! We are SO EXCITED!!! Four kids and their spouses, 7 grandkids (plus one on the way!!) plus us makes 17!!! I wonder how we will all fit into the motorhome???


Bernie spent all day removi

3 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

Can't wait to see the finished product! you better keep up with the import/export rule even with the added extra cabinets!!

Bridgette said...

yeehaw! I'm excited to see it all finished.

Can't wait to stuff all of us into the mo'home. The question is, who is sleeping with Suzy Q?? :):)

Katie said...

So happy for you guys!! It will feel like a new home once it's all done!