Tuesday, January 01, 2008










Here are some pictures from the Christmas Holiday in which we spent 10 wonderful days together with children and grandchildren. There were 13 of us and we enjoyed every moment of it. It was so important to be flexible and cheerful which everyone successfully accomplished. Meals and transportation were always being worked out.
The guys did different events from the ladies and everyone had a great time. From the men shooting skeet and snowmachining and the ladies going to the spa and visiting friends and relatives and playing with the kids. We said goodbye on New Year's Eve and both families got home safely. Thank you Lord for your provision and your hand of protection in our lives daily.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I really liked the January 1, 2008 devotion for the day from Daily Bread. In a nutshell it said this, that in 1722 ,Jonathan Edwards drew up a list of 70 resolutions dedicating himself to live in harmony with God and with others. Five of the resolutions were *To do whatever is most to God's glory.
*To do my duty, for the good of makind in general.
*Never to do anything which I should be afraid to do even if it were the last hour of my life.
*To study the Scriptures steadily, constantly, and frequently.
*To ask myself at the end of every day, week, month, and year if I could possibly have done better.
*Until I die, not to act as if I were my own, but entirely and altogether God's.
In six months, we will all be together again for Bernie and Angie's wedding on June 14th. We will have our entire family photo taken then. We are so looking forward to it. Oh by the way...Gretchen and Phil are expecting their second baby on August 22, 2008. They surprised us with the news one week before Christmas!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Kathe-it looks like you guys had a GREAT time. SO glad to hear it! I love the picture of Bridgette laughing so hard it hurts!

Natalie said...

Looks like you beat me to the blogging! Good job! And nice pics. Wink wink. We had a great time and miss you already. Greta thouroughly enjoyed her 5 course meals every day given by her Kiki, complete with paper and all. :)

Susan Renstrom said...

Kathe - I was hoping to see some Christmas pictures and when I checked - you didn't let me down. I got to see all of Nat's too and almost feel like I was there. I know what you mean about being flexible and keeping your sense of humor. With that many little ones, you find your fun in enjoying them, not necessarily in going and doing. It's really what counts anyway. Also, thanks for sharing the devotional thoughts. It challenged me to set some high goals this year.

tjsing said...

What a wonderful family! It looks like Christmas was amazing, even with an appearance from Bernie! Is he home now? So great to see what the Kale's are up to! Keep up the good work with the blog! Jess